Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by John Joseph Bachir <jo...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/06 04:33:57 UTC

"Access scheme mixtures"

when merging in some code from one repository to another, i got this message

"svn: Access scheme mixtures not yet supported"

and then it listed the two paths. it was when it was trying to merge
in some new binary (gif) files.

Anyone know what this means? let me know if i am leaving out any details..

Thanks,
John

Re: Getting repository access via Apache2. mod_dav_svn won't build.

Posted by John Szakmeister <jo...@szakmeister.net>.
On Sunday 06 November 2005 20:26, m christensen wrote:
> I have a Subversion repository and Trac system running quite happily and
> effectively on a windows server.
>
> It was set up under windows for political reasons.
>
> I now have a Linux server and I'm trying to build a second system.
>
> It's a mandrake10.2 system running Apache 2
>
> I 'thought' Subversion built correctly.
> I got the python libs to build, built Trac, built a repository, got Trac
> to talk to SVN and browse the repository.
>
> One final nit was the issue of turning on access to the repository from
> Apache to the TortoiseSVN clients.
>
> Low and behold I have no mod_dav_svn.so or in fact ANY
> mod_dav_svn.ANYTHING outside the svn source
> files in the tree.
>
> I have tried so many different options to ./configure and rebuilds I
> forget what I have tried and exactly the options.
> I know I tried --with-http --with-apxs which can't find the executable
> and --with-apr

Many distributions seem to name stuff differently.  For instance, on SuSE 10,
the apxs executable is /usr/sbin/apxs2.  You might want to point configure to
the correct place (--with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs2).

When building for SuSE, I use the following configure line:
./configure --with-neon=/usr --with-zlib --with-swig \
  --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs2 --with-apr=/usr/bin/apr-config \
  --with-apr-util=/usr/bin/apu-config --with-ssl --disable-mod-activation \
  --with-jdk=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0 --enable-javahl \
  --with-junit=/usr/share/java/junit.jar

> What I'm trying to do here is pretty standard, I can't seem to google
> the answer to what I'm missing.
>
> How do I make the mod_dav_svn Library build?
> I get no error as far as I can see, I just never get the .so

HTH.

-John

Getting repository access via Apache2. mod_dav_svn won't build.

Re: "Access scheme mixtures"

Posted by Joshua Varner <jl...@gmail.com>.
On 11/6/05, John Joseph Bachir <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Merging from one repos can be done, but more by happenstance than
> > intentional design at this point.
> >
> > Please give us the exact commands and outputs, otherwise we cannot
> > reproduce in any way.
>
> anonymized to protect the innocent:
>
> $svn merge -r<old>:<new> http://foreign.repository.tld
>
> svn: Access scheme mixtures not yet supported
> ('http://foreign.repository.tld/path/to/new/file.gif' and
> 'svn://my.repository.tld/path/to/directorywherenewgifshouldgo')

I've seen people able to do a merge from one repos with svn protocol
into a working copy of a different repos working copy. It looks like this
case is explicitly checked since one is http and the other is svn.
If it's only a few files you could try svn cat. Or check out a working
copy of the http repos and use svn_load_dirs.pl to handle the merge
into you're local one.

Alternatively svk or SVN::Mirror might be able to help, but svn_load_dirs.pl
is the recommended way to handle vendor branches:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.advanced.vendorbr.html
about 2/3 of the way down.

Josh

Re: "Access scheme mixtures"