Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de> on 2018/01/18 09:49:05 UTC

Roadmap and branch EOLs

Hi there,

I just updated

   http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jcr/jackrabbit-roadmap.html

Key points:

- we plan to "end of life" Jackrabbit 2.6 this Spring
- we recommend Jackrabbit users to upgrade to the latest stable version
applicable to the Java version they use (that is, 2.12 or newer).

Feedback appreciated, Julian

Re: Roadmap and branch EOLs

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.
On 2018-01-18 10:49, Julian Reschke wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I just updated
>
>    http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jcr/jackrabbit-roadmap.html
>
> Key points:
>
> - we plan to "end of life" Jackrabbit 2.6 this Spring
> - we recommend Jackrabbit users to upgrade to the latest stable version
> applicable to the Java version they use (that is, 2.12 or newer).
>
> Feedback appreciated, Julian

When I wrote this, I planned to retire 2.8 in Spring 2019. In the
meantime we found out that one consuming project will need fixes until
Spring 2020, so I adjusted the roadmap accordingly. (On the other hand,
we can retire 2.10 earlier, so it could happen next year.)

That said, the plan to retire 2.6 this Spring remains. I'm planning to
cut 2.6.10 in the next few weeks, and that would be the last release
from the 2.6 branch.

Best regards, Julian

Re: Roadmap and branch EOLs

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.