Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de> on 2000/04/26 05:30:58 UTC

ANNOUNCE: HTML::Embperl 1.3b3

The URL

    ftp://ftp.dev.ecos.de/pub/perl/embperl/HTML-Embperl-1.3b3.tar.gz

has entered CPAN as

  file: $CPAN/authors/id/GRICHTER/HTML-Embperl-1.3b3.tar.gz
  size: 272444 bytes
   md5: a0a28868e85094f7d52f00fa8d046298

Changes since 1.3b2:

   - Fixed SIGSEGV which occurs in cleanup with Perl 5.6. Spotted by
     Aaron Johnson.
   - Changed make test so it works correctly with new error messages of
     Perl 5.6.
   - Fixed a bug that Execute will always fail when $@ was set before.
     Patch from Francis J. Lacoste.
   - Changed test so it accpects charset in Content-Type header from
     Apache 1.3.12
   - The outputfile parameter now also works when running under
     mod_perl. Spotted by Ilia Lobsanov.
   - Makefile.PL warns if you build with a DSO mod_perl < 1.22
   - make test checks that test files are readable by Apache.
   - Applied a patch from Jens-Uwe Magner to make Embperl work
     with mod_perl 1.22 on AIX. We now require mod_perl 1.22,
     but I should now work as DSO and staticly linked.
   - Applied a patch from Francis J. Lacoste that makes sure
     that when a package name is given the file is always compiled
     into this package. Note: This means that if you specify a
     packagename and the packagename differs from request to
     request, the page is compiled for every package and therfore
     consuming memory on every request.
   - Added EMBPERL_SESSION_HANDLER_CLASS which allows you to overwrite
     Embperl defaults session handling. Idea form Barrie Slaymaker.
   - Added EmbperlLogo.gif to the distribution, which contains
     "Powered by Embperl".
   - Added Patch from Randy Kobes that makes Embperl compile with
     Apache 1.3.12 and Perl 5.6 on Win32.
   - Removed some -w warnings form EmbperlObject
   - Added tests for EmbperlObject
   - Fixed a SIGSEGV that occured when Embperl found [*] inside
     a page. Spotted by Barrie Slaymaker.
   - Added epchar.c.min which contains translation tables which
     let's all chars above 128 untouched. This is usefull for
     processing two byte charsets. Patch from Sangmook Yi.
   - The searchpath (EMBPERL_PATH) now uses semikolons (';') instead
     of colons (':') to avoid problems with Windows drive letters.
     Colons still work on Unix.

E-Mail:     richter@ecos.de         Voice:    +49 6133 925151

RE: Installing EMBPERL with mod_perl without source

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
> I managed to install mod_perl without having the Apache source - also for
> various reasons I can't really install it.
>
> Does anyone know if I can install HTML::EMBPerl to run under mod_perl
> without the Apache source?
>
> I tried an install and got it running under "CGI" mode but I get seg
> faults when I try and run under mod_perl
>
> e.g.
>
> [25590]ERR:  25: Line 1: Error
> [Wed Apr 26 18:37:12 2000] [notice] child pid 25590 exit signal
> Segmentation fault (11)

Look like that your binaries or the header files don't fit well together
(different compiler settigs for example or different versions of Perl/Apache
when build)

Why can't you install Apache sources? Doesn't seems so hard to me?

Gerald

Installing EMBPERL with mod_perl without source

Re: mod_perl Win32 binary

Posted by Robert <ro...@robert.cz>.
European mirror at http://www.robert.cz/misc/

Re: mod_perl Win32 binary