Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/21 21:13:33 UTC

Maintaining "myfaces_ext_sf.tld"

My understanding is that the purpose of the "myfaces_ext_sf.tld" file
is so that legacy apps that were using myfaces from the sourceforge
days will continue to work.

The new TLD file is much larger so I'm assuming that we aren't adding
anything to the old TLD file.  Is there any reason why we couldn't
autogenerate the SF version of the TLD?  This way users who are
referencing the old one can still take advantages of new features and
components.

What is the policy on new attribute and components right now?  Are
people just updating the newer TLD?

TIA for any clarification,

sean

Re: Maintaining "myfaces_ext_sf.tld"

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good.  That's what I've been doing so far anyways.

sean

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Heath Borders <he...@gmail.com>.
I would say we should just leave the old one without new updates.

We should be encouraging users to switch to the new TLD, and I'm
guessing that most people understand that they are still in the
early-adoption phase where these things can be ironed out.

--
-Heath Borders-Wing
hborders@mail.win.org