Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com> on 2009/06/17 21:48:47 UTC

changing assembly while confluence issues are sorted out

Hey all,

I've been waiting around to see if the autoexport and snippet
weirdness would go away, but it seems to persist. I have found though
that you can do a manual export from cwiki and get a decent copy of
the docs. Does anyone have a problem with me changing the build and
release process to include a manual step (log into cwiki and export
everything)? I don't want this to be a permanent thing, but just until
the http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/ area doesn't have any more ugly
error messages. When those issues are resolved, we'll just switch it
back.

-Wes

--
Wes Wannemacher
Author - Struts 2 In Practice

Re: changing assembly while confluence issues are sorted out

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
I am +1 for that

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.
On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 2:45 AM, Rainer Hermanns<he...@aixcept.de> wrote:
> Wes,
>
> really a good suggestion :)
> I'm +1 for it... We need to get 2.1.7 out of the door...
>
> cheers,
> Rainer

Okay, what I did was comment out the step where we call `wget` to
mirror http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs, then I pointed the source
directory for assembly to copy from to a property. Basically, you have
to download and unzip an export from cwiki. Then, wherever you unzip'd
the export, you tell maven by specifying the directory on the command
line. So, you can say -

mvn clean install -Pall -DdocsDir=/home/wesw/tmp/cwiki

and the assembly plugin will include the contents of the
/home/wesw/tmp/cwiki folder when it zips up the docs distribution.
This should get us through the next few releases until the rest of the
issues get sorted out. This will definitely break hudson and bamboo
builds, so after performing the release process I will change it
back... I don't mind going back and forth for a little bit, but if it
goes too long, we can look for a better solution then.

-Wes

Posted by Rainer Hermanns <he...@aixcept.de>.
Wes,

really a good suggestion :)
I'm +1 for it... We need to get 2.1.7 out of the door...

cheers,
Rainer

> Hey all,
>
> I've been waiting around to see if the autoexport and snippet
> weirdness would go away, but it seems to persist. I have found though
> that you can do a manual export from cwiki and get a decent copy of
> the docs. Does anyone have a problem with me changing the build and
> release process to include a manual step (log into cwiki and export
> everything)? I don't want this to be a permanent thing, but just until
> the http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/ area doesn't have any more ugly
> error messages. When those issues are resolved, we'll just switch it
> back.
>
> -Wes
>
> --
> Wes Wannemacher
> Author - Struts 2 In Practice
> Includes coverage of Struts 2.1, Spring, JPA, JQuery, Sitemesh and more
> http://www.manning.com/wannemacher

Rainer Hermanns
aixcept
Willibrordstraße 82