Posted to user@ant.apache.org by David Clements <dc...@merc-int.com> on 2003/03/05 02:00:07 UTC

Limit on FileSet matches.

I am creating a component driven build process that uses xml files as the component definitions.  I am
currently using Filesets to find the exact location of each component xml file.

The problem is that as my build environment grows so does the search time for these files.

Is there a better way to do this?
Is there a way to limit the search by depth? Or stop when it finds one?

Dave

Re: Limit on FileSet matches.

Posted by Mike McNally <m5...@works.com>.
> Is there a way to limit the search by depth?

Look at the "Selectors" section of the Ant manual, in the
"Concepts and Types" part.  There are all sorts of neat things
you can do to construct file search predicates.

I don't know of any way to short-circuit a search, however.

--
[ you are my main foo ] Mike McNally -- m5@works.com