Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Vernon <Ve...@b2unow.com> on 2002/03/30 14:44:20 UTC

httpd.h file

I'm reading through some security books and I'm being told to change
these lines in my httpd.h file:

#define SERVER_BASEPRODUCT  "Apache"
#define SERVER_BASEREVISION "1.3.22"

    SrvTk_MIN,          /* eg: Apache/1.3.0 */
    SrvTk_OS,           /* eg: Apache/1.3.0 (UNIX) */
    SrvTk_FULL,         /* eg: Apache/1.3.0 (UNIX) PHP/3.0 FooBar/1.2b */
    SrvTk_PRODUCT_ONLY  /* eg: Apache */

My question is do I have to recompile Apache once I've changed them? If
so can anoyone direct me to a HOWTO for recompiling on a Red Hat 7.2?
Thanks.