Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Fady Kaddoum <fa...@yahoo.com> on 2003/01/19 21:37:12 UTC

Hello

Hi everyone,

I am quite new to Xindice but I actually had previous experience with NXDs such as Tamino XML Server and GoXML...

I am doing some comparative benchmarks on Xindice to see if it could compete with other commercial NXDs and thus, select it as our Database Server in our new project specially that it is an Open Source NXD. I am having a small problem to insert a BinaryResource into a collection using XML:DB API; I searched the Xindice site to see if I could find any example code that does this operation but unfortunatly I didn't. First, is this module of the XML:DB API implemented for Xindice? if yes, does anyone of you have any example code that might guide me?

Regards,

Fady

Re: Hello

Posted by Devrim Ergel <de...@parsera.com>.
Hello,

Before you decide about your NXD I want to tell you something about xindice. It might give you out of memory error if you have big collection and you are making xpath queries. It's especially important for servlets because of concurrent users. Making xpath queries in a collection (5000 document, each~=50kb, query result 500 doc.) might give an error. (p4 1400, 256mb ram, win.2000)
Briefly Xindice don't have good memory management. Otherwise it's a perfect database with xupdate.

Sincerely,

Devrim