Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Mathieu Guillaume <ma...@cythere.com> on 1998/01/21 15:05:08 UTC

SFIO

Hi,

Is the current apache 1.3b3 source supposed to be working with SFIO ?
I tried to install the the sfio lib, but when I try to compile with
-DB_SFIO, I get the following error (on Solaris 2.5.1, using gcc 2.7.2.3):

(...)
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/apache_1.3b3/src/main'
gcc -c  -I../os/unix -I../main    -DSOLARIS2=251 -DSTATUS -DB_SFIO
alloc.c
In file included from httpd.h:62,
                 from alloc.c:62:
buff.h:152: unrecognized format specifier for `anf__'
In file included from alloc.c:64:
http_log.h:94: unrecognized format specifier for `anf__'
http_log.h:102: unrecognized format specifier for `anf__'
make[1]: *** [alloc.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/apache_1.3b3/src/main'
make: *** [subdirs] Error 1

I get no error when compiling without sfio. Alas, I don't know enough
about C internals to understand what this error means.

					Mat

Re: SFIO

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@telebusiness.co.nz>.
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> Well, unless you've got an application using SFIO there's absolutely no
> reason to compile apache with it.  None of the core code changes.  It's
> there for people doing their own transport layers (in particular a DCE
> thing), and you have to replace standalone_main to do anything with it.

You don't need replace standalone_main to use it.  -DB_SFIO defines a
discipline that works just the same as if you didn't defined -DB_SFIO.  There
is a reason to do it if someone want's to fiddle with the input and output
streams of all or certains modules.  It might even be possible to stack sfio
disciplines with what's in there, but I have not tried yet.  Otherwise, you're
right, there's no reason for -DB_SFIO.-Doug

Re: SFIO

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.