Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Thomas Braun <br...@gmx.de> on 2004/02/25 20:35:27 UTC

problem configuring subversion (berkeley db)

Hi,

i'm hardly trying to install subversion (with server)...

as described in the svn-book i installed berkeley-db (4.2) before
configuring subversion.
well, it seems as if the configure script can't find my berkeley db
installation...

doing a "./configure --with-berkeley-db=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2" just
ends up with the following:

"configure: WARNING: we have configured for a client-only build
The Subversion filesystem library, part of the server, requires
Berkeley DB version 4.0.14 or newer, which you don't seem to have
installed and linked to APR-UTIL.  We have created makefiles which
will build the Subversion client code only, and skip the server.  You
can find latest version of Berkeley DB at http://www.sleepycat.com/.
You can find the latest version of Berkeley DB here:
  http://www.sleepycat.com/download/index.shtml"

i attached my config.log. i hope anyone can help me...

thanks,
Thomas

Re: problem configuring subversion (berkeley db)

Posted by Chris Wein <cw...@mobilygen.com>.
I had the exact same problem - but fixed it by adding
/usr/local/BerkeleyDB4.2 to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  Configure checks for
its presence by compiling and executing a program which failed.

Chris

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 12:35, Thomas Braun wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i'm hardly trying to install subversion (with server)...
>
> as described in the svn-book i installed berkeley-db (4.2) before
> configuring subversion.
> well, it seems as if the configure script can't find my berkeley db
> installation...
>
> doing a "./configure --with-berkeley-db=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2" just
> ends up with the following:
>
> "configure: WARNING: we have configured for a client-only build
> The Subversion filesystem library, part of the server, requires
> Berkeley DB version 4.0.14 or newer, which you don't seem to have
> installed and linked to APR-UTIL.  We have created makefiles which
> will build the Subversion client code only, and skip the server.  You
> can find latest version of Berkeley DB at http://www.sleepycat.com/.
> You can find the latest version of Berkeley DB here:
>   http://www.sleepycat.com/download/index.shtml"
>
> i attached my config.log. i hope anyone can help me...
>
> thanks,
> Thomas

Chris Wein
Software Engineer
Mobilygen Corp.
E-Mail : cwein@mobilygen.com
Phone  : 408-869-4035

Re: problem configuring subversion (berkeley db)

Posted by Alvin Thompson <al...@thompsonlogic.com>.

--
Alvin Thompson

Navy: 34
Army: 6

Re: problem configuring subversion (berkeley db)

Posted by Thomas Braun <br...@gmx.de>.
yiehaa! that worked!

thanks!
Thomas

Posted by Jason Hoffman <ja...@jasonhoffman.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Thomas Braun <br...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <e....@gmx.net>.
Hi,

Posted by James MacLean <ma...@ednet.ns.ca>.
On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Thomas Braun wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i'm hardly trying to install subversion (with server)...
>
> as described in the svn-book i installed berkeley-db (4.2) before
> configuring subversion.
> well, it seems as if the configure script can't find my berkeley db
> installation...
>
> doing a "./configure --with-berkeley-db=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2" just
> ends up with the following:
>
> "configure: WARNING: we have configured for a client-only build
> The Subversion filesystem library, part of the server, requires
> Berkeley DB version 4.0.14 or newer, which you don't seem to have
> installed and linked to APR-UTIL.  We have created makefiles which
> will build the Subversion client code only, and skip the server.  You
> can find latest version of Berkeley DB at http://www.sleepycat.com/.
> You can find the latest version of Berkeley DB here:
>   http://www.sleepycat.com/download/index.shtml"
>
> i attached my config.log. i hope anyone can help me...
>
> thanks,
> Thomas

If it is anything like my problem, 4.2 did not seem to be included in the
<svn>/apr-util/configure script. So if you are using svn's included
apr-utils, you might get by doing what I did and install 4.1, then add the
lib directory of its install to /etc/ld.so.conf, and do an ldconfig.

Hope it helps,
JES
--
James B. MacLean        macleajb@ednet.ns.ca