Posted to user@knox.apache.org by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org> on 2018/07/24 15:48:32 UTC

[CANCEL] [VOTE] Release Apache Knox 1.1.0 RC 1

-1

I've seen the same issues as Phil and believe that the whitelisting of the
cited APIs are a release blocker.
In addition to the input validation in the UI, I have also noted that the
Topologies list doesn't dynamically update on cloning or deleting of a
topology.
Also, Discovery for WebHBase seems to be picking up the UI host:port rather
than the API - this could perhaps be a KNOWN ISSUE with discovery and
should be noted in the ISSUES file with details on how to work around it
with explicit URLs being set in the descriptor.

I'll file a JIRA for the topologies issue now.

I have successfully tested:

* Discovery and topology generation
* KnoxSSO form based IDP for the Admin UI
* HiveServer2 via KnoxShell and JDBC
* WebHDFS via curl and simple nodejs client
* WebHBase - discovery is wrong as noted above
* KnoxToken service with knox init and knoxshell for access to WebHDFS

I am cancelling the VOTE on this RC due to the issues mentioned above and
by Phil.