Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by alberto gori <fo...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/22 23:52:30 UTC

[orchestra] flush mode

My use case is this:

-welcome page displays a list of users,
-I can click on a user and enter in detail.
-in detail I can modify (add or remove items from the user) the entity.
-I can save entity and come back to welcome page (user list).

I have a UserListBean as managed-bean, in conversation scope. It gets the
user list from the database, and should also save the user modifications.

Problems is:
if I add an item to a user and I press back button on the browser my entity
remains dirty, but I didn't saved the user!  When a query is performed (for
example when I render the welcome page)
Hibernate flushes the dirty objects to the database. Clearly I don't want
this behavior: if no "save button" has been pressed no modifications should
be sent to the database.

Seems that I need a way to say flush only when I invalidate the
conversation, or when I call persist or flush manually.

Do you know how to handle this situation?