Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mick Semb Wever <mi...@semb.wever.org> on 2008/02/18 21:26:55 UTC

cachingAllowed="false" kills tomcat-5.5 (works on tomcat-6)

-- follow up from "FileDirContext fails to immediately recognise new
files" --

My application has in META-INF/context.xml:
<Context cachingAllowed="false" />

This works just beautifully in tomcat-6 but in tomcat-5.5 the application
warfile fails to unpack.
Not a single related log line is written in any of tomcat's logfiles!

Any idea what's up with tomcat-5.5?
Any idea how to get some more debug out of tomcat?

~mck

Re: cachingAllowed="false" kills tomcat-5.5 (works on tomcat-6)

Posted by Mick Semb Wever <mi...@semb.wever.org>.
> My application has in META-INF/context.xml:
> <Context cachingAllowed="false" />
>

> This works just beautifully in tomcat-6 but in tomcat-5.5 the
> application warfile fails to unpack.
> Not a single related log line is written in any of tomcat's logfiles!
>
> Any idea what's up with tomcat-5.5?
> Any idea how to get some more debug out of tomcat?

to myself RTFM: http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/logging.html :-P

With catalina.out running full DEBUG (boy there's alot to read!) i
still see nothing explaining why ROOT.war isn't unpacked.

There is:
> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig - Deploying configuration descriptor ROOT.xml

and then a lot of /normal/ logging debug up until the next archive is
unpacked:
> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig - Deploying web application archive svd.electron.test.sesam.se.war

The catalina.out content between these two points can be found
http://wever.org/root-context-catalina-strippedblanklines.txt.bz2

~mck

--
"A mind that has been stretched will never return to it's original
dimension." Albert Einstein