Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Bednarz, education-one GmbH" <an...@education-one.de> on 2002/02/12 22:50:41 UTC

Allready looked in XSP and Logicsheets

Hallo,

I tried the following for a stylesheet simple.xsl
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet
  version="1.0"

  <xsl:template match="article">
     <xsl:apply-templates select="para"/>
  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:template match="para">
  </xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="date">
   <xsp:expr>
     SimpleDateFormat.getInstance().format(new Date(), "hh:mm:ss")
   </xsp:expr>

</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

but the result is always
Hello, today is
<xsp:expr>
     SimpleDateFormat.getInstance().format(new Date(), "hh:mm:ss")
</xsp:expr>

cocoon does not process the xp:expr tag, it is just outputted as plain text.
Do I need an addtionial transformer for xtp, so that the xsl is parsed
before
beeing processed? Can you give me a short example for mapping ?

I tried the following inside sidemap.xmap :
    <map:generate src="docs/samples/simple.xml"/>
    <map:transform src="stylesheets/page/simple.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize type="html"/>

What I found was a short introduction at
http://www.infozone-group.org/schemoxDocs/html/ctwo.html#Na74cfa5f
Do you think, this is the right starting point?

Thanks,

Andreas Bednarz
education-one GmbH

Posted by Brandon Rich <br...@trainix.com>.
You might want to take a look at the sitemap in the sub/ directory.
Here's the part to look at:

<!-- Dynamic XSL -->
   <map:match pattern="xsl-dynamic-source">
    <map:generate type="serverpages"
src="stylesheets/simple-page2html.xsp"/>
    <map:serialize type="xml"/>
   </map:match>
   <map:match pattern="xsl-dynamic">
    <map:generate src="docs/simple.xml"/>
    <map:transform src="cocoon:/xsl-dynamic-source"/>
    <map:serialize/>
   </map:match>

On Tue, 2002-02-12 at 16:50, Bednarz, education-one GmbH wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I tried the following for a stylesheet simple.xsl
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <xsl:stylesheet
>   xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
>   xmlns:xsp="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Core"
>   version="1.0"
> >

>   <xsl:template match="article">
>      <xsl:apply-templates select="para"/>
>   </xsl:template>
>
>   <xsl:template match="para">
>      <xsl:apply-templates select="@*|node()"/>
>   </xsl:template>
>
> <xsl:template match="date">
>    <xsp:expr>
>      SimpleDateFormat.getInstance().format(new Date(), "hh:mm:ss")
>    </xsp:expr>
>
> </xsl:template>
> </xsl:stylesheet>
>
> but the result is always
> Hello, today is
> <xsp:expr>
>      SimpleDateFormat.getInstance().format(new Date(), "hh:mm:ss")
> </xsp:expr>

> cocoon does not process the xp:expr tag, it is just outputted as plain text.
> Do I need an addtionial transformer for xtp, so that the xsl is parsed
> before
> beeing processed? Can you give me a short example for mapping ?
>
> I tried the following inside sidemap.xmap :
>     <map:generate src="docs/samples/simple.xml"/>
>     <map:transform src="stylesheets/page/simple.xsl"/>
>     <map:serialize type="html"/>
>
> What I found was a short introduction at
> http://www.infozone-group.org/schemoxDocs/html/ctwo.html#Na74cfa5f
> Do you think, this is the right starting point?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andreas Bednarz
> education-one GmbH

 Brandon Rich <br...@trainix.com>
 Trainix, Inc. - "Teaching Tomorrow, Today!"
 www.trainix.com

Re: Allready looked in XSP and Logicsheets

Posted by Andre Thenot <at...@thenot.net>.
On Tuesday, February 12, 2002, at 04:50 , Bednarz, education-one
GmbH wrote:

> I tried the following for a stylesheet simple.xsl
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <xsl:stylesheet
>   xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
>   xmlns:xsp="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Core"
                      ^^^^
>   version="1.0"

Try replacing:
with:
   xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"

Andre.

RE: Allready looked in XSP and Logicsheets

Posted by Sean Malone <ma...@indigo.ie>.
In the sitemap the generator should be of type="serverpages"
   <map:match pattern="*.xsp">
     <map:generate type="serverpages" src="{1}.xsp"/>

This can then be transormed after the xsp part has been processed
     <map:transform src="{1}.xsl"/>