Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Dennis Cook <de...@cook-mail.net> on 2002/05/09 21:07:36 UTC

HttpClient question.

I was just done a quick review the HttpMultiClient, HttpConnectionMgr, and
HttpConnection classes and found several inconsistancies.

1) While the HttpConnectionMgr provides methods to define the use of a
proxy, the HttpMultiClient completely hides this capablity.  This client
creates a private instance of the connection manager and provides no
accessors or setters to pass on proxy info to it.

2) The setProxyHost() and setProxyPort() methods of HttpConnectionMgr class
do not prevent change of values after connections are created and do not
reset values on previously created connections.

I am new to this concept of public development projects and not quite sure
how changes are proposed, debated, accepted, implemented... Does this happen
within each project?  Is there a "How to be c contributor for Dummies" guide
:)

Dennis Cook
BeVocal, Inc.
tel:  408-907-4170