Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Jason Altekruse <al...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/05 19:56:25 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Drill 1.5.0 RC2

Hello all,

I'd like to propose the third release candidate (rc2) of Apache Drill,
version
1.5.0. It covers a total of 55 resolved JIRAs [1]. Thanks to everyone who
contributed to this release. This release candidate includes a fix for
DRILL-4353, a major stability problem with the Rest API that was identified
during the last vote.

The tarball artifacts are hosted at [2] and the maven artifacts are hosted
at
[3]. This release candidate is based on commit
0a64888ba8d374e94435e2518e81352e677255ad located at [4].

The vote will be open for the next 96 hours (including an extra day as the
vote is happening over a weekend) ending at 11AM Pacific, February 9th,
2016.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

Here's my vote: +1

Thanks,
Jason

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313820&version=12332948
[2] http://people.apache.org/~json/apache-drill-1.5.0.rc2/
[3] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedrill-1026
[4] https://github.com/jaltekruse/incubator-drill/tree/1.5-release-rc2

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Drill 1.5.0 RC2

Posted by Jinfeng Ni <ji...@gmail.com>.
+1

 - Download and did a full mvn build.
 - Verify the checksums for src.tar.gz, src.zip, and binary tar ball.
 - Run drillbit with yelp tutorial queries.
 - Use tpch sf100 dataset and run several queries. Play with query cancel.
 - Run couple of queries through WebUi.

All look good to me.

For Sudheesh's concern, I leave to others who have better knowledge to
decide the scope/impact of DRILL-4235 and whether it is a blocker for
1.5.0.

Posted by Jason Altekruse <al...@gmail.com>.
Alright, that sinks the release, I'll have a new candidate up shortly.

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@dremio.com>.

Posted by Sudheesh Katkam <sk...@maprtech.com>.

Posted by Jason Altekruse <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Abdel Hakim Deneche <ad...@maprtech.com>.

--

Abdelhakim Deneche

Software Engineer

  <http://www.mapr.com/>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Drill 1.5.0 RC2

Posted by Jason Altekruse <al...@gmail.com>.
Hey Sudheesh,

Posted by Sudheesh Katkam <sk...@maprtech.com>.

Posted by Jason Altekruse <al...@gmail.com>.