Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de> on 2021/08/31 10:50:23 UTC

Fwd: [NOTICE] Upcoming changes to project web sites hosted via Git

Hi,

I've adjusted our website building process due to the announced changes, see below.

It works but it isn't perfect. IMHO we should remove the content directory from
the asf-site repo so that we can hold the newly introduced .asf.yaml file within
the master repo.

Andreas

Betreff: [NOTICE] Upcoming changes to project web sites hosted via Git
Datum: Mon, 5 Apr 2021 20:06:15 +0200
Von: Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>
An: Users <us...@infra.apache.org>

TL;DR: If your project uses subversion or .asf.yaml for publishing your project
web site, you're fine. If not, please read this act before June 1st:

Hi folks,
I order to simplify workflows and the amount of services we have to maintain,
we've decided to phase out gitwcsub in favor of stageD. What this means in plain
English is that all project web sites hosted from a git repository MUST have
publishing settings in a .asf.yaml file for them to update web sites in the future.

This change will take effect around June 1st, giving projects two months to
complete the transition. In about four weeks, we'll be sending emails directly
to every project that is still using the old gitwcsub methods for their web
sites, encouraging them to switch before we decommission the service.

Once the gitwcsub service has been shut off, projects that haven't switched
won't be able to update their web sites until they perform the switch.

For projects wishing to proactively switch, the change is minimal. All you need
to do is have a file called .asf.yaml at the base of your web site repository
(or the branch in your git repo that hosts your web site), with the following
snippet inside:

publish:
   whoami: asf-site

This is, of course, assuming your published branch is the standard asf-site
branch. It could be master or something else.

Projects wishing to check where we are currently collecting their web sites
from, can go to https://infra-reports.apache.org/site-source/ and see all our
sources for the web sites. The column on your right will tell if you are using
.asf.yaml for your web site or not.

For more information on .asf.yaml and its features (such as staging web sites
etc), please see https://s.apache.org/asfyaml

With regards,
Daniel on behalf of ASF Infra.

Re: Fwd: [NOTICE] Upcoming changes to project web sites hosted via Git

Posted by "sahyoun@fileaffairs.de" <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Am Dienstag, dem 31.08.2021 um 21:13 +0200 schrieb
sahyoun@fileaffairs.de:

> Am Dienstag, dem 31.08.2021 um 12:50 +0200 schrieb Andreas Lehmkuehler:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've adjusted our website building process due to the announced
> > changes, see below.
> >
> > It works but it isn't perfect. IMHO we should remove the content
> > directory from
> > the asf-site repo so that we can hold the newly introduced .asf.yaml
> > file within
> > the master repo.
>
> Hi Andreas,
>
> I don't understand why this should be done. Isn't .asf.yaml meant to be
> sitting in different branches and as we are using asf-site as the
> source for publishing there should be an .asf.yaml in there?
>
> What did I miss?

from what I understand we can have a .asf.yaml at the master branch and
at the asf-site branch.

E.g.
https://github.com/apache/camel-website/tree/main
https://github.com/apache/camel-website/tree/asf-site

BR
Maruan

> BR
> Maruan
>

> > Andreas

Maruan Sahyoun

FileAffairs GmbH
Josef-Schappe-Straße 21
40882 Ratingen

Tel: +49 (2102) 89497 88
Fax: +49 (2102) 89497 91
sahyoun@fileaffairs.de
www.fileaffairs.de

Geschäftsführer: Maruan Sahyoun
Handelsregister: AG Düsseldorf, HRB 53837
UST.-ID: DE248275827

Re: Fwd: [NOTICE] Upcoming changes to project web sites hosted via Git

Posted by "sahyoun@fileaffairs.de" <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.