Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Richard Begg <sa...@googlemail.com> on 2009/10/19 20:31:30 UTC

Sharing Descriptor Information

Hi,

Whats the best way to share information retrieved from the
installation descriptor in the bootstrap class with a component.  The
separate classloaders make static data impossible.  The only other
clean way I can think of is through the use of JMX.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Rich.

Re: Sharing Descriptor Information

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

I'm not entirely sure I understand the question correctly, but usually
JMX would be a very good way to share configuration information with
the component or its deployables.  It would allow you to view the
settings though jconsole or even modify them even your application
supports that.

Another option would be to store the information in a tempfile and
reading it directly from the component instead of from the Bootstap
class (I'm guess that's what you want to share?)

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com