Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by John Baker <jb...@teamenergy.com> on 2002/03/18 19:31:08 UTC

Re: My last annoying question of the day, promise.:-)

On Monday 18 Mar 2002 18H:07 pm, you wrote:

>   Current time in milliseconds:
>   <c:out value="${page.dates[1].time}"/>
>
> This prints out output like:
>
>   Current time in milliseconds: 1016474790054
>
> Hope you can use this as a basis to determine what's wrong with your
> page.  Best,

Yeah, sorry, I was just being dumb. I'm only on day three of the crash course
in JSTL. I'm actually very impressed, the stuff I have got working is much
nicer without all the:

<%
	// blah blah
%>

Is this possible though?

public class Moo {
	public static final String X = "Hello";
	public static final int Y = 10;
}

<c:param name="${Moo.X}" value="something"/>

Evidence would suggest not, as this also doesn't work:

<c:if test="${someInteger == Moo.Y">

never seems to evalute to true when someInteger is 10, but replacing Moo.Y
with '10' works fine :-)

John

--
John Baker, BSc CS.
Java Developer, TEAM/Slb. http://www.teamenergy.com

Re: My last annoying question of the day, promise.:-)

Posted by Shawn Bayern <ba...@essentially.net>.
No, the expression language refers to JavaBean properties, not static
members.

--
Shawn Bayern
Author, "JSP Standard Tag Library"  http://www.jstlbook.com