Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ganesan malairaja <ss...@hotmail.com> on 2005/07/27 03:39:43 UTC

confused

guys i am seriously confused now..

a normal jsp i can display in tomcat..

ok i have some questions here :-

1) let say i have admin.jsp , i create a folder call MGT .. i put in side
the file admin.jsp and create a WEB-INF folder and inside i put web.xml ..
is it correct ?

2) do i have customise web.xml or can simply copy and paste the default
WEB-INF folder into MGT.

3) i having problem displaying jsp files with Database access, do i haveto
use  the same mysql-javaconnecter or some other file ( need indepth guide )
? i know the are alot of guides there .. but most of the skip the
prerequisite  ..  what i really need to have in my linux system in order to
setup the tomcat seerver which can display jsp with database access

i am sorry if the questions are elementary.. but i have tried to solve on my
own but no solution till now

any help will be greatly appreciated ...

thanks

RE: confused

Posted by Adile Abbadi <ad...@minitdrugs.com>.
It's really quite simple - you first need a JDBC driver for Mysql - once you
have that place it in the common/lib directory under tomcat. Restart tomcat
and the driver will be loaded into memory.

Once you have that - use Java code to connect to your db. That's it - you
don't have to fool around with WEB-INF folders or web.xml or anything like
that unless you plan on using beans and/or connection pooling classes.

I know you have checked the web - but keep checking - there is a ton of info
out there.

HTH

Adile