Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2011/11/17 15:37:25 UTC

svn tags for releases? (was: [VOTE] Graduate ACE from the Apache Incubator)

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 3:07 PM, Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> $ mkdir org.apache.ace.client.automation-0.8.0-incubator
> $ cd org.apache.ace.client.automation-0.8.0-incubator/
> $ wget http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/ace/org.apache.ace.client.automation-0.8.0-incubator-source.jar
> $ jar -xf org.apache.ace.client.automation-0.8.0-incubator-sources.jar
> $ wget http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/ace/org.apache.ace.client.automation-0.8.0-incubator.pom
> $ mv org.apache.ace.client.automation-0.8.0-incubator.pom pom.xml
> $ mvn clean install

I agree with others that having an svn tag for that release would be
much more convenient, and it's the expected way. IIRC you're only
expected to keep the latest release under /dist, so the above URLs
will change over time, and it's too easy to delete those files by
mistake.

What prevents you from creating svn tags when releasing bundles?

Sling does release bundles individually, and we do have svn tags under
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/tags/

-Bertrand

Re: svn tags for releases? (was: [VOTE] Graduate ACE from the Apache Incubator)

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

oops sorry, wrong list - moving this thread to ace-dev@incubator.apache.org