Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Ian Cook <ia...@ursacomputing.com> on 2021/12/08 14:44:35 UTC

Arrow sync call December 8 at 12:00 US/Eastern, 17:00 UTC

Hi all,

Our biweekly sync call is today at 12:00 noon Eastern time.

The Zoom meeting URL for this and other biweekly Arrow sync calls is:
https://zoom.us/j/87649033008?pwd=SitsRHluQStlREM0TjJVYkRibVZsUT09

Alternatively, enter this information into the Zoom website or app to
join the call:
Meeting ID: 876 4903 3008
Passcode: 958092

Thanks,
Ian

Re: Arrow sync call December 8 at 12:00 US/Eastern, 17:00 UTC

Posted by Ian Cook <ia...@ursacomputing.com>.
Attendees

Ian Cook
Alenka Frim
Andrew Lamb
David Li
Antoine Pitrou

Discussion

Proposal from Joris Van den Bossche to split the Sphinx docs project
into multiple projects [1]
- This is mostly a technical proposal but it affects how we maintain the docs
- Feedback and questions welcome

Proposal from Niranda Perera to package optional subcomponents
separately the core Arrow C++ library [2]
- Feedback and questions welcome

General discussion of the rationale for aligning quarterly major
releases across the Arrow language implementations and its advantages
and disadvantages

Vote on the proposed addition of Arrow Flight SQL to Arrow Flight [3]
- Please vote
- Discussion of whether integration tests should be added before merging the PR

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/qn8k98rlfz4g06h17rlvz3t1kqln7gwo
[2] https://lists.apache.org/thread/f3dq0qyvy304vgsm77kbdfs6bqsjwsqq
[3] https://lists.apache.org/thread/b7x309rdqw6x84g47ltg57nm6l3x2o5s