Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wojciech Biela <il...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/28 15:01:01 UTC

install submodules

Hi

I have my master project and many modules defined in it. Every
submodule when given "mvn package install" does some magic to build
itself and in effect installs it's product in the local repo. Problem
is when I execute "mvn package install" from the level of the master
project maven builds all the submodules but it does not rebuild and
install the submodules' artifacts the same way it happens when I
execute install from the level of the submodule. I see that is
executes the tests, compiles code, but the submodules are not updated
in the local repo thus the dependencies are not updated.

any way to make install from the master level reach the modules level?

--
Wojtek Biela

Re: install submodules

Posted by Wojciech Biela <il...@gmail.com>.
OK, my mistake ;) adding new attached modules to the <modules> element
usually helps ;))

but one observation though .. I build my submodules though the master,
install them and then use them in the master pom to produce a special
package through:

      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>dependency-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>copy</id>
            <phase>package</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>copy</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>
              <artifactItems>
                <artifactItem>
                  <groupId>${project.groupId}</groupId>
                  <artifactId>ProductDict</artifactId>
                  <version>${project.version}</version>
                  <type>mod</type>
                  <outputDirectory>${mod-dir}</outputDirectory>
                  <destFileName>
                    productdict1.mod
                  </destFileName>
                </artifactItem>

but I see that the produced artifact consists of the artifacts from
the local repo before this run's install, so when I build I get
modules from the last build, and install fresh ones .. that's sad
because then I have to run the whole build process twice

any solutions?

--
Wojtek Biela