Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mu Mike <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2004/03/10 04:18:51 UTC

help ,action path

I got this jsp page:

sample.jsp:
    <input type="submit"/>

it is saved in

/contextPath/rv/sample.jsp

this is part of my web.xml

web.xml:

    <init-param>
        <param-name>config/rv</param-name>
        <param-value>/WEB-INF/struts-rv-config.xml</param-value>
    </init-param>

this is part of my struts-rv-config.xml

struts-rv-config.xml:

        <action path="/openReport"
            type="com.viador.rv.action.RunReportAction"
            name="OpenReportForm"
            scope="session">
        </action>

when I try to access the jsp page directly by this url
http://localhost/myapp/rv/sample.jsp

there is an error says
Cannot retrieve mapping for action /openReport
why?

even when I modified the jsp page as the below

action="/rv/openReport.do"> or
action="myapp/rv/openReport.do

it still doesnt work

but if I use the form element of HTML instead of that of struts, smaple.jsp
works!

why is this?

Re: help ,action path

Posted by Daniel Henrique Alves Lima <em...@yahoo.com.br>.
Please, try

or

You can also do a "view source" and look the html generated by tag