Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by li_fuqiong <li...@venustech.com.cn> on 2013/03/07 03:57:41 UTC

Any user of CloudStack can create VM?

Dear All:
I find that any user of CloudStack can create VM, without permission of Admin?  How to limit the power of the common user?

Thank you.

Mark

Re: Re: Any user of CloudStack can create VM?

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Fri, Mar 08, 2013 at 02:54:39PM +0800, li_fuqiong wrote:

> Hi Ahmad:
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> When a common user want to create a vm, he/she must get the permission of administrator(if he/she paid). Could CloudStack do that?

CloudStack doesn't deal with the commercial aspects of running an IaaS
environment, but it does play into the solution.

CloudStack's approach is to focus on orchestration of user requests for
infrastructure, and metering of the infrastructure usage (see the usage
service). The usage data normally needs to be processed to bill customers
in arrears for their usage.  Typically, a commercial offering will have
some higher-level portal that handles some aspects of the transaction,
as well as a billing system to deal with the invoicing / payment
calculations.

From: Ahmad Emneina
Date: 2013-03-07 12:17
To: Cloudstack users; li_fuqiong