Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com> on 2006/12/20 18:52:26 UTC

boilerplate-j2ee Assembly

    Does anyone know why boilerplate-j2ee assembly (trunk) is using
1.2-SNAPSHOT version of car-maven-plugin?

Thanks
Anita

[INFO]
[INFO] Building Geronimo Assemblies :: Boilerplate J2EE
[INFO]    task-segment: [clean, install]
[INFO]
[INFO] artifact org.apache.geronimo.plugins:car-maven-plugin: checking
for updates from co
dehaus
[INFO] snapshot
org.apache.geronimo.plugins:car-maven-plugin:1.2-SNAPSHOT: checking for
up
dates from apache-snapshots
[INFO] snapshot
org.apache.geronimo.plugins:car-maven-plugin:1.2-SNAPSHOT: checking for
up
dates from codehaus-snapshots
[INFO] snapshot org.apache.geronimo.plugins:maven-plugins:1.2-SNAPSHOT:
checking for updat
es from apache-snapshots
[INFO] snapshot org.apache.geronimo.plugins:maven-plugins:1.2-SNAPSHOT:
checking for updat
es from codehaus-snapshots
[INFO] snapshot org.apache.geronimo:geronimo:1.2-SNAPSHOT: checking for
updates from apach
e-snapshots
[INFO] snapshot org.apache.geronimo:geronimo:1.2-SNAPSHOT: checking for
updates from codeh
aus-snapshots
[INFO] [clean:clean]
[INFO] Deleting directory
C:\anita\geronimo\g2.0\assemblies\geronimo-boilerplate-j2ee\targ
et
[INFO] Deleting directory
C:\anita\geronimo\g2.0\assemblies\geronimo-boilerplate-j2ee\targ
et\classes
[INFO] Deleting directory
C:\anita\geronimo\g2.0\assemblies\geronimo-boilerplate-j2ee\targ
et\test-classes
[INFO] [tools:require-java-version {execution: validate-java-version}]
[INFO] [tools:copy-legal-files {execution: install-legal-files}]
[INFO] Created dir:
C:\anita\geronimo\g2.0\assemblies\geronimo-boilerplate-j2ee\target\cla
sses\META-INF
[INFO] Copying 2 files to
C:\anita\geronimo\g2.0\assemblies\geronimo-boilerplate-j2ee\targ
et\classes\META-INF
[INFO] [dependency:unpack {execution: unpack-boilerplate}]
[INFO] Configured Artifact:
org.apache.geronimo.assemblies:geronimo-boilerplate-minimal:nu
ll:2.0-SNAPSHOT:jar
[INFO] snapshot
org.apache.geronimo.assemblies:geronimo-boilerplate-minimal:2.0-SNAPSHOT:
checking for updates from apache-snapshots
[INFO] snapshot
org.apache.geronimo.assemblies:geronimo-boilerplate-minimal:2.0-SNAPSHOT:
checking for updates from codehaus-snapshots
[INFO] snapshot
org.apache.geronimo.assemblies:geronimo-boilerplate-minimal:2.0-SNAPSHOT:
checking for updates from apache.snapshots
[INFO] Expanding: C:\Documents and
Settings\Anita\.m2\repository\org\apache\geronimo\assem
blies\geronimo-boilerplate-minimal\2.0-SNAPSHOT\geronimo-boilerplate-minimal-2.0-SNAPSHOT.
jar into
C:\anita\geronimo\g2.0\assemblies\geronimo-boilerplate-j2ee\target\boilerplate
[INFO] [antrun:run {execution: extend-boilerplate}]

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: boilerplate-j2ee Assembly

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
release:perform will not work with the two stage build, you have to
run the deploy with the perform release flags on each stage by hand,
just checkout the tag made by release:prepare manually and then build
it.

The release plugin can't handle anything other than the standard
usage of mvn projects... geronimo server (and genesis) both don't fit
into that category because they include extensions that are built.
this is one of the problems with the release plugin and how to manage
releases in mvn... there are others.

--jason

Posted by anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
pluginManagement is not definition of the plugin, and really should
only be used when the plugin is defined in a build, so it really
shouldn't matter... but I am still not sure if mvn will like that or
not.

And really the two stage build is only a hack around this problem...
other mvnisms like the release plugin don't know anything about the
two stages, and thus mvn release:perform will fail because of this.

Please make sure that moving this to the top-level pom does not break
anything.

--jason

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
On Dec 20, 2006, at 5:53 PM, anita kulshreshtha wrote:
>>    As we have discussed before, if a plugin (with extensions) is used
>> *anywhere* in the build tree , maven makes sure that it is available
>> even before the projects are sorted. But that is not a problem with
>> our
>> two stage build, i.e. it builds modules and plugins first from
>> modules
>> and plugins directory.
>>    I will move it from configs pom to top level pom.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Anita
>
> A minor correction..
>    The bootstrap stage builds from the top directory and manual build
> requires building from modules and plugins directory.

Huh?  How do you get a manual build requiring separate builds of
modules and plugins?

--jason

Re: boilerplate-j2ee Assembly

Posted by anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.
> [...]

> > > Thanks
> > > Anita

> > using

> > > ------

> > > ------
> > checking
> > checking
> > checking
> > checking

C:\anita\geronimo\g2.0\assemblies\geronimo-boilerplate-j2ee\target\cla

> > > org.apache.geronimo.assemblies:geronimo-boilerplate-minimal:2.0-
> > > SNAPSHOT:
> > >>
> > > org.apache.geronimo.assemblies:geronimo-boilerplate-minimal:2.0-
> > > SNAPSHOT:
> > >>
> > > org.apache.geronimo.assemblies:geronimo-boilerplate-minimal:2.0-
> > > SNAPSHOT:
> > >>
> > > blies\geronimo-boilerplate-minimal\2.0-SNAPSHOT\geronimo-
> > > boilerplate-minimal-2.0-SNAPSHOT.
> > >>

> C:\anita\geronimo\g2.0\assemblies\geronimo-boilerplate-j2ee\target

=== message truncated ===

Posted by anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Posted by anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.