Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Tim Bartley <tb...@au1.ibm.com> on 2005/02/10 02:55:37 UTC

Client configuration without axiscpp.conf?

Hi,

Another newbie question ....

Is it possible to specify the configuration parameters to the Axis C++
client without using axiscpp.conf.

I am concerned that multiple clients on the same machine are forced to
share the same /etc/axiscpp.conf file. Also I am concerned that multiple
clients within the same application are forced to share the same
configuration file. My application is likely to have 3rd party Web service
clients pluged in to it - I do not want them to interfere with my
configuration and vice versa.

While I appreciate the flexibility provided by the configuration file I'd
prefer to specify the client configuration parameters programatically. Is
this possible?

Thanks,

Tim
--
IBM Tivoli Access Manager Development
Gold Coast Development Lab, Australia

Re: Client configuration without axiscpp.conf?

Posted by Tim Bartley <tb...@au1.ibm.com>.
I was going to suggest that simply being able to specify the location of
the config file programatically would be enough for me for now but that's
not quite right. The other requirement I have is really to have multiple
independent instances of the Axis client in a single process.

I.e. I'd like the class defined in Axis.hpp to be a real class and not a
namespace for the initialize method. This must be a useful thing anyway -
how can an Axis C++ server also act as a client?

I couldn't work out how to edit the wish list - it alsways told me I
wasn't permitted - even after creating a profile etc so I've opened a
couple of JIRA issues.

Thanks,

Tim
--
IBM Tivoli Access Manager Development
Gold Coast Development Lab, Australia
+61-7-5552-4001 phone
+61-7-5571-0420 fax

Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com> wrote on 10/02/2005
20:09:49:

Posted by John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com>.
I read AXISCPP 188 as the ability to say programmatically that you want
handler X to be used on call Y?
Either way, no big deal I think the requirement still stands that we want
to set handlers and conf setting programmatically.

Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>
10/02/2005 10:09
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C User List"