Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Dave Hollar <da...@bizpiranha.com> on 2001/11/13 23:12:20 UTC

Turbine Security - adding groups

I am using tdk 2.1 and am trying to add users, groups, roles, permissions through a standalone app.  I can add all of these and the database reflects the changes.  But if I set a user to be in any group other than the 'global' group that was generated from the ant, the user is unable to login.  I believe the relationships have all been set up properly.  Are there additional rules that I've missed?

thanks-
Dave

Re: Turbine Security - adding groups

Posted by Dan Bachelder <ch...@chowda.net>.
are you using the newapp? if so you should have a look at the SecureScreen
and SecureAction classes... they reference a particular permission... so
just make sure your new user has this same permission... or change the
behavior of those classes...

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.
There was some caching going on in the security service that would cause
changes to not be reflected until you restart the app.  Is the user able
to login after a restart.  I removed this caching in fulcrum.

john mcnally

Posted by Dave Hollar <da...@bizpiranha.com>.
Thanks guys for the tips.   I will go ahead down the route of modifying the
SecureAction.

Posted by Eric Dobbs <er...@dobbse.net>.