Posted to dev@rya.apache.org by Adina Crainiceanu <ad...@usna.edu> on 2018/09/19 01:46:46 UTC

IP clearance needed for the logo?

Hi,

Does anyone know  what (if anything) needs to be done to be able to
receive/use a logo designed by Susan/ Semantic Web Company?

Maybe our mentors can weigh in?

Thank you,
Adina

--
Dr. Adina Crainiceanu
Associate Professor

Re: IP clearance needed for the logo?

Posted by Adina Crainiceanu <ad...@usna.edu>.
Thank you Robert. Please let us know when the CCLA was submitted.

Thank you,
Adina

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 5:09 AM, Robert David <robert.david@semantic-web.com

Posted by Robert David <ro...@semantic-web.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
Talked to Billie about this -- trying to make sure I have the situation
correct. IMO, the question that needs to be answered is: who can assert
copyright ownership over the images.

Typically, copyright assertions are one of two entities: the individual
who created some "work" or a company which paid the individual to create
the work on their behalf.

 From what I see, Robert David posted images from Susan Härtig, who both