Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Tom Syroid <to...@syroidmanor.com> on 2004/03/03 14:36:31 UTC

SVN WebDAV display

Morning all,

New to this list, relatively new to svn and WebDAV, but old to UNIX/Linux
and Apache ;-)

Base system install: Gentoo 2004.0, current ~x86, mm-sources-2.6.4
Apache2: tested and working
Subversion 1.0.0 installed via emerge

Repos layout:

/srv/svn
/srv/svn/insights
/srv/svn/admin
/srv/svn/test

I have 3 repositories created without error, data imported without error.

The contents of my dav_svn conf file:

===snip===
jalapeno root # cd /etc/apache2/conf/modules.d
jalapeno modules.d # ls
40_mod_ssl.conf                45_mod_dav.conf   47_mod_dav_svn.conf
70_mod_php.conf
41_mod_ssl.default-vhost.conf  46_mod_ldap.conf  60_apcupsd.conf
jalapeno modules.d # cat 47_mod_dav_svn.conf
<IfDefine SVN>
        <IfModule !mod_dav_svn.c>
                LoadModule dav_svn_module       extramodules/mod_dav_svn.so
        </IfModule>
        <Location /svn>
                DAV svn
                SVNParentPath /srv/svn
                AuthType Basic
                AuthName "Subversion repository"
                AuthUserFile /var/svn/conf/svnusers
                Require valid-user
        </Location>
</IfDefine>
jalapeno modules.d #
===ends===

Now to the best of my knowledge, all is working fine. I can browse to
http://jalapeno/svn/insights (one of the created and populated
repositories), and I'm prompted for a username/password (yes, created with
htpasswd2). But the display output shows (Firefox 0.8):

===snip===
-
	<D:error>
<C:error/>
<m:human-readable errcode="160029">
Could not open the requested SVN filesystem
</m:human-readable>
</D:error>
===ends===

... which seems to be telling me there's not "display" information present
for the repository (css or xsl). Question is, what do I put where to view
the repository(ies)? I've dropped the xsl and css files shipped with the
app into several locations to no avail.

Mmm. Guess that means I'm stuck :-/

A poke in the right direction, some documentation urls, etc greatly
appreciated. I have read through the DG:Subversion briefly, but didn't
catch anything to address the issue (as a fellow O'Reilly author, tip of
the hat to the contributors); all I've read seems to indicate that the
repos should just "magically" be seen if all else is configured corrected.
Not the case. At least not with my installation here.

Cheers,
/tom

Re: SVN WebDAV display

Posted by Tom Syroid <to...@syroidmanor.com>.
Thanks the the speedy and accurate reply, John.

Yep. That was it. As it is 90% of the time I have trouble accessing a page
under Apache [smacks forehead cuz he's BTDT]. Now to figure out how to
wrangle permissions to do what I want to do...

Appreciated,
/tom

--On Wednesday, March 03, 2004 09:47:24 -0500 John Peacock

Re: SVN WebDAV display

Posted by John Peacock <jp...@rowman.com>.