Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Halid Faith <ma...@ihlas.net.tr> on 2006/12/23 13:55:34 UTC

How to give a different required score for a several domains apart from general required score in local.cf ?

I have a MX mail server. Our mailboxes is not located in it.  SA3.1.7 is installed on the mx server. The mailboxes are another mail server which has not spamassassin.
I have some domains. I assigned a required score in local.cf on the mx server. That score covers all my domains. Yet I want to give a different required score for a few domains.
How can I do that?

Also I want spamassassin not to check some outside domains ( for instance, like googlegroups )  in stead of add  a  whitelist_from them.

How can I do that ?

Re: How to give a different required score for a several domains apart from general required score in local.cf ?

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Dec 23, 2006 at 02:55:34PM +0200, Halid Faith wrote:
> I have a MX mail server. Our mailboxes is not located in it.  SA3.1.7 is installed on the mx server. The mailboxes are another mail server which has not spamassassin.

Ok, so you're acting as a gateway for mails going through.

> I have some domains. I assigned a required score in local.cf on the mx server. That score covers all my domains. Yet I want to give a different required score for a few domains.
> How can I do that?

You can't, at least easily.  The problem is that you have SA configured in a
"site-wide" fashion, because it's scanning via the MTA.  Therefore, the MTA
will take each incoming message, scan it once, and then send it on or whatever
you have it configured to do.

You'd have to have your MTA, in some fashion, split up the incoming message to
one per domain (even with multiple recipients), then call SpamAssassin which
would be configured mostly site-wide with per-user configs, and give
SpamAssassin the "user" (or domain) that you want used for configs.  Override
the required_score there.

> Also I want spamassassin not to check some outside domains ( for instance, like googlegroups )  in stead of add  a  whitelist_from them.
> How can I do that ?

Whitelist in the MTA and don't call SA for stuff you don't want scanned.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
If your computer has a brand name, you paid too much.