Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Myles Bunbury <Mi...@CDNameSearch.com> on 2005/07/13 15:30:39 UTC

Problems running under C++ Builder 6

I have been attempting to get Axis running under Borland's C++ Builder 6
without success.

I downloaded both the source and binary .ZIP files for windows (v1.5).
C++ Builder didn't like the .LIB file provided to begin with. I tried
using C++ Builder's "coff2omf.exe" program, but without success. I then
created a new C++ Builder project and built my own .LIB file.

Generating the stub code for my web service was not a problem.

I then created a new application and added the .LIB and the generated
web service client code to the project. I copied the AXIS .DLLs from the
binary .ZIP files into the project directory. When I ran the program, I
got the following error:

---------------------------
Project1.exe - Unable To Locate Component
---------------------------
This application has failed to start because xerces-c_2_2_0.dll was not
found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
---------------------------

Okay... So I downloaded the Xerces 2.2.0 binary distribution file and
extracted xerces-c_2_2_0.dll into the directory. I now simply get the
following error in the 'Stub(" ", APTHTTP1_1)' constructor:

---------------------------
Project1.exe
---------------------------
Abnormal program termination
---------------------------

I haven't been able to get any additional context on the error, and have
since been spinning my wheels in the mud trying to make progress.

Anyone out there have any ideas?

---

"Some would ask, how could a perfect God create a universe that is
filled with so much that is evil. They have missed a greater conundrum:
why would a perfect God create a universe at all?"
   -Sister Miriam Godwinson - "But For The Grace Of God"
"The best things in life aren't things."
   -Art Buchwald
"Never leave a friend behind. Friends are all we have to get us through
life
- and they are the only things from this world that we could hope to see
in the next."
   -Dean Koontz - "Fear Nothing"

Myles Bunbury, BASc.
Lead Software Developer & Product Supervisor, IP Search CDNameSearch
Phone: 1 (888) 414-4193 or (613) 739-2956
Fax: (613) 739-1739
Web: www.cdnamesearch.com