Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Albert Kam <mo...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/26 06:52:07 UTC

Derby database directory on Tomcat ?

Hello,

I'm currently engaged with using embedded Derby on Tomcat.
Fortunately i found out about this helpful web :
http://db.apache.org/derby/integrate/DerbyTomcat5512JPetStor.html
And it just makes things easier.

Anyway, i just want to ask whether there's a clean place to specify the
location of
the derby database directory ?
In the tutorial link above, it says copy the database directory in the
Tomcat_Home directory.
But in my experience, the directory which i use to start tomcat is used for
the base directory for the
derby database.

Do i have to start tomcat with the -Dderby.system.home in the catalina.sh or
is there any other way ?

Thank you,
Albert Kam

--
Do not pursue the past. Do not lose yourself in the future.
The past no longer is. The future has not yet come.

Re: Derby database directory on Tomcat ?

Posted by Donald McLean <dm...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 12:52 AM, Albert Kam <mo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyway, i just want to ask whether there's a clean place to specify the
> location of
> the derby database directory ?

In the URL. See, for example, the source code for DatabaseManager:

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DatabaseManagerSource

In the function createURL, the database location is specified by a File.

Donald