Posted to user@struts.apache.org by sudip shrestha <su...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/09 15:15:38 UTC

struts upload with jakarta-commons

Doing ftp file uploads in a struts webapp with jakarta-commons-net.......did
bulk of google searchs...they all seem to go towards use of an applet....
If anybody has any other ideas, I would be glad to hear.

Re: struts upload with jakarta-commons

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
sudip shrestha wrote:
> Doing ftp file uploads in a struts webapp with jakarta-commons-net.......did
> bulk of google searchs...they all seem to go towards use of an applet....
> If anybody has any other ideas, I would be glad to hear.

I'm not sure what you want to achieve: uploading a file via FTP from a
Struts action? Or uploading a file via FTP *to* a Struts app from a
user's browser? Since you mention applets, I'm guessing the latter.

There's no standard way to tell a browser to upload a file over FTP. A
client-side applet is one solution. Another would be to use a regular
multipart form submit over HTTP to your application, and have the
application forward the file on to the FTP server.

If I misunderstood what you want to do, try explaining the objective you
want to achieve in a bit more detail.

L.