Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Dy...@Sun.COM on 2008/04/17 20:26:04 UTC

Forrest trouble

Hi,

I've started updating the download page in my website sandbox to prepare
for the coming release. For now I have created 10.4.x.y.{cgi,html} and
updated dowloads.xml to refer to the cgi script, and conf/cli.xconf to
refer to the html (as the Wiki says). But when I run 'forrest site' only the
cgi gets copied to build/site.

I have not run 'svn add' on the files yet (don't want to do that until
I'm sure what the new final version is). Could that be causing the
problem?

--
dt

Re: Forrest trouble

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 11:26 AM,  <Dy...@sun.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I've started updating the download page in my website sandbox to prepare
>  for the coming release. For now I have created 10.4.x.y.{cgi,html} and
>  updated dowloads.xml to refer to the cgi script, and conf/cli.xconf to
>  refer to the html (as the Wiki says). But when I run 'forrest site' only the
>  cgi gets copied to build/site.
>
>  I have not run 'svn add' on the files yet (don't want to do that until
>  I'm sure what the new final version is). Could that be causing the
>  problem?

Are you sure it's not FOR-480? From DerbySnapshotOrRelease:

Due to FOR-480, the release page will be built into your
$FORREST_HOME/main/site directory. You will need to copy it to the
build directory.

andrew

Re: Forrest trouble

Posted by Dyre Tjeldvoll <Dy...@Sun.COM>.
Rick Hillegas wrote:
> Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've started updating the download page in my website sandbox to prepare
>> for the coming release. For now I have created 10.4.x.y.{cgi,html} and
>> updated dowloads.xml to refer to the cgi script, and conf/cli.xconf to
>> refer to the html (as the Wiki says). But when I run 'forrest site'
>> only the
>> cgi gets copied to build/site.
>>
>> I have not run 'svn add' on the files yet (don't want to do that until
>> I'm sure what the new final version is). Could that be causing the
>> problem?
>>
> Hi Dyre,
>
> You may be running into the problem described in item (b) of the section
> titled "Create a page for the release, build/update site" in the release
> instructions:
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbySnapshotOrRelease#head-60891cacca1830fb413f25400647daa1436c21df
> This is a Forrest bug: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-480 The
> release instructions summarize the problem this way: "the release page
> will be built into your $FORREST_HOME/main/site directory. You will need
> to copy it to the build directory."

Thanks Andrew and Rick. I guess that must be it. I did see the Wiki
mentioning FOR-480, but I assumed that ALL the build products would end
up in $FORREST_HOME/main/site, not just the new file. So since most
things ended up in the correct place I thought that there must be some
other problem...

Dyre

Re: Forrest trouble

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've started updating the download page in my website sandbox to prepare
> for the coming release. For now I have created 10.4.x.y.{cgi,html} and
> updated dowloads.xml to refer to the cgi script, and conf/cli.xconf to
> refer to the html (as the Wiki says). But when I run 'forrest site' only the
> cgi gets copied to build/site.
>
> I have not run 'svn add' on the files yet (don't want to do that until
> I'm sure what the new final version is). Could that be causing the
> problem?

Hi Dyre,

You may be running into the problem described in item (b) of the section
titled "Create a page for the release, build/update site" in the release
instructions:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbySnapshotOrRelease#head-60891cacca1830fb413f25400647daa1436c21df
This is a Forrest bug: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-480 The
release instructions summarize the problem this way: "the release page
will be built into your $FORREST_HOME/main/site directory. You will need
to copy it to the build directory."

Regards,
-Rick