Posted to dev@lucy.apache.org by Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com> on 2012/10/09 18:21:12 UTC

[lucy-dev] Oct Board report

Our Oct board report is due tomorrow. I have checked in an initial
version here:

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucy/board/2012/board-report-201210.txt

Please let me know if you think I've forgotten or misstated anything. I
will send to the board tomorrow (Wed 10/10) evening CST.

Thanks.

Re: [lucy-dev] Oct Board report

Posted by Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com>.
Marvin Humphrey wrote on 10/10/12 8:54 PM:
> So, up
> to your judgment, but I might suggest the following mods:

agreed, committed and sent.

Thanks, Marvin.

Re: [lucy-dev] Oct Board report

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.
On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 9:21 AM, Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com> wrote:
> Our Oct board report is due tomorrow. I have checked in an initial version
> here:
>
>  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucy/board/2012/board-report-201210.txt
>
> Please let me know if you think I've forgotten or misstated anything. I will
> send to the board tomorrow (Wed 10/10) evening CST.

I checked in some Python work I've started up and so added a note about
Python. :)

We might acknowledge that mailing list activity has dipped a little -- there's
no harm and a lot of other project reports are frank like that.  Personally,
my involvement level hasn't changed, but since we aren't in the Incubator and
striving to graduate any more, I've felt liberated to direct my energies
towards activities which have less obvious visibility -- like the Book Club
meetings (which have been super rewarding and fun).

Also, our committer diversity continues to be satisfactory (woo hoo Logan!)
but I'm not sure how much it's "improving" as it was in past reports.  So, up
to your judgment, but I might suggest the following mods:

-  * The user and dev lists have been active.
-  * Commit diversity within the existing community is satisfactory and
-    continues to improve.
+  * The mailing lists have been active, though traffic dipped a bit relative
+    to the last report period.

Marvin Humphrey