Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Jonas Arnsmann <ap...@fse.uni-due.de> on 2009/02/16 11:32:25 UTC

Creating Eclipse Projects from /trunk..

Hi,

Is there any way to create Eclipse Projects from the current James
trunk? Looking through the ANT Build Scripts, i found a target
"eclipse", which seems to be designed for this..
However the generated projects do not contain the proper build path
settings (they do not contain any jars from trunk/stage/* at all..)

If there would be some kind of automation for this, it would be highly
appreciated.. The list of external libraries is quite long and adding
all of them to the generated eclipse projects manually seems to be a
rather tedious task..

Jonas

Re: Creating Eclipse Projects from /trunk..

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.
On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 20:42, Jonas Arnsmann
<ap...@fse.uni-due.de> wrote:
> Thanks, i will give it a try..
> There so many undocumented features in the current trunk distribution!

Yeah, but mvn eclipse:eclipse is not one of them. This is pure maven magic...

> But great, that questions are always answered promtly by the James Developer
> Team.. Great Support, guys!!!
>
> PS: If i get the JEE Application Server deployment up and running, i will be
> pleased to contribute this to the community.. I would also like to contribute
> in extracting the SMTP server into a seperate module (like Markus Wiederkehr
> suggested). I think, that modular James parts could be reused in various projects,
> that work with email.. :)

Great! :-)

  Bernd

Re: Creating Eclipse Projects from /trunk..

Posted by Jonas Arnsmann <ap...@fse.uni-due.de>.
Thanks, i will give it a try..

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de>.
Give