Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org> on 1998/01/09 05:45:59 UTC

general/1119: Some transfers to distant sites terminate with graphics incomplete.

If you use SAFE_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT and a single socket then there's no
accept() serialization so you wouldn't trigger a pthread mutex problem.

I wonder if 1.3 fixes PR#1119.  1.3 again has different network behaviour
over 1.2... and 1.2 certainly has different behaviour over 1.1.

I wonder if PR#1119 is related to the bug I've fixed in 1.3 that causes
the last packet of a transfer to be delayed waiting for the hostname
lookup to complete.  This bug, which I'd been considering a performance
problem only, exists in 1.2 because of the changes to improve pipelined
HTTP/1.1 connections.  It doesn't exist in 1.1 because 1.1 bflush()s all
over the place.

I've cc'd the PR#1119 submitter... Jon could you try disabling
HostnameLookups (or try 1.3b3) and see if the problem goes away?  If so
I'll try to backport the fix from 1.3 to 1.2.

Dean