Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Sean Mackrory <ma...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/18 03:10:15 UTC

[VOTE] Merge HADOOP-15407 to trunk

All,

I would like to propose that HADOOP-15407 be merged to trunk. As described
in that JIRA, this is a complete reimplementation of the current
hadoop-azure storage driver (WASB) with some significant advantages. The
impact outside of that module is very limited, however, and it appears that
on-going improvements will continue to be so. The tests have been stable
for some time, and I believe we've reached the point of being ready for
broader feedback and to continue incremental improvements in trunk.
HADOOP-15407 was rebased on trunk today and I had a successful test run.

I'd like to call out the contributions of Thomas Marquardt, Da Zhou, and Steve
Loughran who have all contributed significantly to getting this branch to
its current state. Numerous other developers are named in the commit log
and the JIRA.

I'll start us off:

+1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] Merge HADOOP-15407 to trunk

Posted by Sean Mackrory <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for the votes, everyone - we have surpassed the required number.
If anyone would like time to review this further this weekend, let me know
and I'll hold off. Otherwise I don't see a reason to wait, and I'll perform
the merge before Monday.

Posted by Aaron Fabbri <fa...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by John Zhuge <jo...@gmail.com>.

--