Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Vishal Pandya <jp...@yahoo.com> on 2002/05/09 15:26:10 UTC

Problem with Testing EJB with Cactus v 1.2

Hi,

     I am developer who is planning to use Cactus for Testing EJB's on the command prompt. Right now I have made 4 classes SIMPLEEJB(The file which contains the EJB CODE, it is a stateful Session Bean), SIMPLEHOME (The home interface), SIMPLE (The Remote Interface) and ClientForSimple(The TEST CASE for SIMPLEEJB). But I am unable to run the test. I get Socket closed exception. I have put all the files in the Classpath as specified in the Documentation. If I am able to do the testing, then my entire Organisation is going to use it for testing EJB. The Problem is that unlike Junit, the documentation of Cactus is less than helpfull. So I have 3 queries:-

1) If anybody has used Cactus to test EJB, will you please mail me a Sample of the EJB(along with Remote and Home Interface), and also if possible the TEST Casese.

2) Can somebody tell me how to configure the Server side? I am using TOMCAT version 4.0

3) Also if somebody can point to any resources other than those mentioned at the site of Cactus, which provide documentation or help or something helpful

Any HELP in any form will be welcome.

Please help me as I am little harried right now.

Thanks in Advance

RE: Problem with Testing EJB with Cactus v 1.2

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Hi Vishal,

A piece of advice : when you come to a mailing list and ask for help, it
is not a good idea to criticize the project ... It doesn't help to get
good answers. Especially as obviously you don't know what you're talking
about. I believe you have not yet found the Cactus documentation to say
something like this : please check the web site
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus or the doc directory of the Cactus
distribution.

> So I have
> 3 queries:-
>
> 1) If anybody has used Cactus to test EJB, will you please mail me a
> Sample of the EJB(along with Remote and Home Interface), and also if
> possible the TEST Casese.

This plainly shows that you didn't bother to :
1/ read the documentation
2/ search the archives

Please do that and come back after if you still have questions.

> 2) Can somebody tell me how to configure the Server side? I am using
> TOMCAT version 4.0

This means you're also using an EJB container (maybe JBoss). So you'll
need :

1/ to refer to both Tomcat and your EJB container documentation on how
to configure them
2/ read the cactus documentation. Start by the "Getting started" guide.
It explains all this.

> 3) Also if somebody can point to any resources other than those
mentioned
> at the site of Cactus, which provide documentation or help or
something
> helpful

Again, you're showing your ignorance of the Cactus documentation ...
Please check the Cactus documentation and especially the Resources
section ...

> Any HELP in any form will be welcome.
>
> Please help me as I am little harried right now.

The first thing to do is help yourself by RTFM ... :-). I accept it may
not be perfect and I'll be happy to correct places that you think are
lacking clarity.

> Thanks in Advance

-Vincent