Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Chris Lewis <ch...@bellsouth.net> on 2008/08/11 05:06:39 UTC

Re: t5 newbie's question: how to understand onActivate?

Michael,

Pages and their lifecycle methods in no way correspond to how a servlet
is structured. If you haven't gone all the way through the first
tutorial, start there and digest every bit of it. After that you will
have a general idea of T5's perspective on a how a web app works, and
you should be ready to dig in a bit deeper into how pages are handled:

http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/guide/pagenav.html
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/guide/lifecycle.html

I strongly urge you to take a few hours, forget the word "servlet," I
and take in the T5 perspective.

sincerely,
chris

--