Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mike Noel <mn...@godaddy.com> on 2006/07/06 16:24:01 UTC

RE: Invoking web services via Tomcat

robert@infotility.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've used Tomcat to build web services and it is terrific.
> Thanks a lot to all the Tomcat developers.
>
> I need to call out from a servlet to a remote web service.
> I know I can do this by piecing together a HTTP POST,
> but I wonder if there are some functions in Tomcat to make
> this easier. Hopefully I am overlooking something obvious.

You might need to use something like jaxrpc.  You can find more info
here
http://java.sun.com/webservices/jaxrpc/

Using the webservice tools you can create a webservice client and use
that from within your servlet to contact the webservice.  Once you get
over the initial learning curve it's fairly straightforward to use.

_M_