Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Andrey Almirov <al...@inbox.ru> on 2003/09/09 11:00:22 UTC

order of calling build***Context() methods

Hello All,

I have two Velocity portlets for example, A and B.

And I have a problem: how can I send some info from A porltet to B?

I mean that user clicks to link in the  A portlet, and B portlet must
receives this info.

Is it possible to solve this problem by the following? The
AAction.class set some attribute to request object. And the
BAction.class retrive info from this?

Why I am asking? I don't know and can't find in the docs: which the
order of the calling build***Context() methods in actions classes of
the portlet?

I.e. Is the some predefined order of calling this methods or they
called randomically?

Thanks in advance.

Andrey
                           mailto:almirov@inbox.ru

RE: order of calling build***Context() methods

Posted by Holger Dewes <h....@insiders.de>.

Hello Andrey,

I don't know exactly how the order of the rendering of the portlets is
defined, but it is certainly dependend on the layout, which in general
is not known beforehand. So basically, you don't know the order in which
the build*Context() methods are called.

The usual way to solve your problem is for portlet B to check the
(original) request and retrieve the information from there. So even if
the link originates from portlet A, it is handled in portlet B.

HTH,

Holger
--
Holger Dewes