Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Gabriel Santos <ga...@hotmail.com> on 2021/11/17 04:36:44 UTC

[users@httpd] apache 2.2

Hi,my name is Gabriel and i want to build a apache server with SSLv2 technology (because the service i want to use only supports SSLv2) and i having errors with many openssl versions(0.9.7-1.0.2)

"SSL/TLS libraries were missing or unusable"

P.S: i already installed libssl-dev

[users@httpd] RE: apache 2.2

Posted by Bram Mertens <br...@anubex.com.INVALID>.
Gabriel,

SSLv2 is not just deprecated (as in you shouldn't use it anymore but you still can) it's been prohibited by the IETF.

You have little or no chance of finding anyone willing to support this.
Your best bet is to convince the service provider to use a modern version of TLS or as someone already suggested use a different service.

Just a few resources:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6176
https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/135682/what-are-the-risks-of-providing-sslv2-for-additional-device-compatibility/135770

HTH