Posted to log4cxx-dev@logging.apache.org by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch> on 2004/08/02 15:00:14 UTC

Re: Curt Arnold as a new committer

At 06:05 PM 7/13/2004, Michaël CATANZARITI wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'd like to enlarge the log4cxx team with a new committer.
>Since several weeks, Curt Arnold has posted revelant remarks and patches
>to the log4cxx dev mailing list.
>Moreover, Curt has already contributed to Xerces-C, Xerces-J and Ant.
>
>So, I think Curt can become an official committer to the project.
>

>NB : Last week, Curt faxed his CLA to the foundation.
>NB2 : As I am the only developer on the project, I think there is no need
>to propose a vote on the log4cxx dev mailing list ;-)

Hi Michael,

According to our (non-final) bylaws
(http://logging.apache.org/site/bylaws.html), the vote needs to be
cast by the sub-project. Note that in other projects, it is the PMC
which votes on the acceptance of new committers.

In any case, the PMC needs to be notified of the results of the vote
which then communicates them to infrastruture@ in order to create a
new account.

Now, the latency experienced in creating the accounts may be due to
the fact the formal procedure was not followed or simply because
infrastruture@ is overloaded.

In any case, a warm welcome to the new committers.

>Regards,
>
>--
>Michaël CATANZARITI
>log4cxx project manager