Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nick Stuart <ni...@newtsplace.com> on 2003/06/04 21:48:43 UTC

Re: IIS and Image Problems...

Sorry if the list gets this twice, but it didnt see to go through the
first time...
Hello all,
We are experiencing an odd problem here.I have tomcat 4.1.2, iis 5.0,
and isapi_redirector2 all talking to each other fine. The problem is
that for some reason, at random times some images wont load. All you get
is the nice place for the image with an x, like it cant find the image
or something, but if you hit refresh the image comes up. Again, this
only happens occasionally. Sometimes the images load sometimes they
don't.

Users have only reported this problem using IE on windows. Every time
I've gone through on Linux with any browser (mozilla, konqueror, opera)
the images always load fine.

Are there any settings I need to look at/change that might explain this
issue? I've looked through the logs and all the requests seem to be fine
and there are no errors or anything.
I tried creating a new worker for just this particular webapp but wasn't
able to get that to work correctly either. I just kept getting "This
servlet container is either no available or being upgraded" message when
trying to open the pages.

Thanks for the help!
-Nick

P.S. Here is my workers2.properties file. I would also like to know what
I can cut out and what I can keep as I can't find much info regarding
the workers file for IIS/Windows.

[logger]
level=DEBUG

[config:]
file=${serverRoot}/conf/workers2.properties
debug=0
debugEnv=0

[uriMap:]
info=Maps the requests. Options: debug
debug=0

# Alternate file logger
[logger.file:0]
level=DEBUG
file=c:\\java\\tomcat\\logs\\jk2.log

[shm:]
info=Scoreboard. Required for reconfiguration and status with
multiprocess servers
file=${serverRoot}/logs/jk2.shm
size=1000000
debug=0
disabled=0

[workerEnv:]
info=Global server options
timing=1
debug=0
# Default Native Logger (apache2 or win32 )
# can be overriden to a file logger, useful
# when tracing win32 related issues
#logger=logger.file:0

[lb:lb]
info=Default load balancer.
debug=0

[lb:marketing]
info=Load balancer for marketing.
debug=0

[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
debug=0
tomcatId=localhost:8009

[channel.socket:localhost:8019]
info=A second tomcat instance.
debug=0
tomcatId=localhost:8019
lb_factor=1
group=lb
group=marketing
disabled=0

[channel.un:/opt/33/work/jk2.socket]
info=A second channel connecting to localhost:8019 via unix socket
tomcatId=localhost:8019
lb_factor=1
debug=0

[channel.jni:jni]
info=The jni channel, used if tomcat is started inprocess

[status:]
info=Status worker, displays runtime informations

[vm:]
info=Parameters used to load a JVM in the server process
#JVM=C:\jdk\jre\bin\hotspot\jvm.dll
classpath=${TOMCAT_HOME}/bin/tomcat-jni.jar
classpath=${TOMCAT_HOME}/server/lib/commons-logging.jar
OPT=-Dtomcat.home=${TOMCAT_HOME}
OPT=-Dcatalina.home=${TOMCAT_HOME}
OPT=-Xmx128M
#OPT=-Djava.compiler=NONE
disabled=1

[worker.jni:onStartup]
info=Command to be executed by the VM on startup. This one will start
tomcat.
class=org/apache/jk/apr/TomcatStarter
ARG=start
# For Tomcat 5 use the 'stard' for startup argument
# ARG=stard
disabled=1
stdout=${serverRoot}/logs/stdout.log
stderr=${serverRoot}/logs/stderr.log

[worker.jni:onShutdown]
info=Command to be executed by the VM on shutdown. This one will stop
tomcat.
class=org/apache/jk/apr/TomcatStarter
ARG=stop
disabled=1

[uri:/jkstatus/*]
info=Display status information and checks the config file for changes.
group=status:

[uri:/bmpReg]
info=Marketing surveys
context=/bmpReg
debug=0

[uri:/bmpReg/*.jsp]
info=Extension mapping

[uri:/bmpReg/*.html]
info=Extension mapping

[uri:/bmpReg/img/*]
info=Extension mapping

[uri:/bmpReg/*]
info=Map the whole webapp

Re: IIS and Image Problems...

Posted by Nick Stuart <ni...@newtsplace.com>.
Hmm...thanks for the input. At least I know I'm not going crazy and
someone else has seen this before! I guess I'll try upgrading to 4.1.24,
as I'm actually running 4.1.18.
Anyone else have any suggestions/ideas?!

-Nick

Re: IIS and Image Problems...

Posted by Nick Stuart <ni...@newtsplace.com>.
Grr..silly list doesnt seem to want to post my messages! Any ways,
thanks for the input. At least I know I'm not the only one that has seen
this behavior. I have tried upgrading from 4.1.18 to 4.1.24 , but the
problem is still there! Also tried changing the files from html to jsp.
Still no go!
This would be an incredible show stopper if we had anything else besides
just the headers/titles on the pages that can be easily replaced with
text.
Does anyone have any ideas of why this is happening?! Again problem is
only with IE.

Re: IIS and Image Problems...

Posted by Jason Bainbridge <ja...@jblinux.org>.
On Thu, 5 Jun 2003 03:48, Nick Stuart wrote:

> We are experiencing an odd problem here.I have tomcat 4.1.2, iis 5.0,
> and isapi_redirector2 all talking to each other fine. The problem is
> that for some reason, at random times some images wont load. All you get
> is the nice place for the image with an x, like it cant find the image
> or something, but if you hit refresh the image comes up. Again, this
> only happens occasionally. Sometimes the images load sometimes they
> don't.

I used to see this problem with MSIE when using Tomcat 4.0.3 standalone but
never really investigated it as it wasn't consistent I'd be interested to see
if anyone could shine some light on the why though. It doesn't seem to happen
with 4.1.24 standalone though.

Jason Bainbridge
http://jblinux.org