Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/04 09:48:26 UTC

[IMAP] RFC excerpts

i really like the RFC excerpts included as comments in the IMAP
commands but i wonder whether we need to do stuff like attribution.
has anyone asked on legal discuss about this?

- robert

Re: [IMAP] RFC excerpts

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
I believe that the isoc / ietf are pretty relaxed about the use of
those documents in derivative works, they are copyright, and as such
we should attribute them. I would suggest that in the Class comment we
put "Extracts from rfc's (C) ISOC" or whomever. It may also be polite
to check this with the RFC Editor.

d.