Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk> on 2011/11/02 13:01:15 UTC

Re: antiphishing

On 31.10.11 19:15, Mahmoud Khonji wrote:
>just to add a few more suggestions:
>* checking whether the anchor's actual URL (href URL) has the modal
>domain (a domain that is most frequently linked in the same email),
>and if it is not the modal domain then the email is spam.

That's what I've meant in my last ail to this thread. It would
apparently require a SA plugin (not just a simple regexp rule)
but we'd be able allow different domains, e.g. bank example.com bought
bank example.net etc.

>* checking the age of the href URL's domain via a Whois lookup (not
>all domains have the registration time stamp though), and if the age
>falls below certain thresholds then it's spam.

simple meta combining the rule above and DOB would catch this
perfectly.

>* checking the domain rank via a search engine, and if the rank falls
>below certain thresholds then it's spam.

domain ranking would be just very different rulem could be combined
with those above.

Micro$oft random number generator: 0, 0, 0, 4.33e+67, 0, 0, 0...