Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Chad Armstrong <ch...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/01 00:52:54 UTC

cd shell script command - ant equivalent?

Hi all,
  I am converting a Makefile to an ant script. Is there a way to
specify directory location in ant, like with the 'cd' command in a
Makefile/shell script? I have an exe file that I need to execute (via
the <exec> task), which is located in a sub-directory of where the
main ant script is, and I *think* the <exec> is failing because the
ant task execute gives a directory scope to the exe, which causes the
exe to not process it's own internal relative directory lookups
properly. The exe fails because it cannot find a file that is "right
in front of it". I need to tell the ant script what directory it
should be starting at (the equivalent of 'cd').

Thanks for any help,
Chad