Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Bob Sandiford <bo...@sirsidynix.com> on 2011/04/21 02:21:01 UTC

Solr - upgrade from 1.4.1 to 3.1 - finding AbstractSolrTestCase binaries - help please?

HI, all.

I'm working on upgrading from 1.4.1 to 3.1, and I'm having some troubles with some of the unit test code for our custom Filters.  We wrote the tests to extend AbstractSolrTestCase, and I've been reading the thread about the test-harness elements not being present in the 3.1 distributables. [1]

So, I have checked out the 3.1 branch code and built that (ant generate-maven-artifacts), and I've found the lucene-test-framework-3.1-xxx.jar(s).  However, these contain only the lucene level framework elements, and none of the solr.

Did the solr test framework actually get built and embedded in one of the solr jars somewhere?  Or, if not, is there some way to build a jar that contains the solr portion of the test harnesses?

[1] SOLR-2061<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2061> Generate jar containing test classes.<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2061>
*
Thanks!

Bob Sandiford | Lead Software Engineer | SirsiDynix
P: 800.288.8020 X6943 | Bob.Sandiford@sirsidynix.com
www.sirsidynix.com<http://www.sirsidynix.com/>

Re: Solr - upgrade from 1.4.1 to 3.1 - finding AbstractSolrTestCase binaries - help please?

Posted by lboutros <bo...@gmail.com>.
There is a jar for the tests in solr.
I added this dependency in my pom.xml :

        <dependency>